What is an Isolation Test?
Your internet connection can be affected by faulty equipment connected to your network, this may cause the service to slow down or not work at all.
An Isolation Test can restore connectivity by removing any device that may be interrupting your connection.
How do an Isolation Test?
1. Performing an Isolation Test is easy, firstly remove all of the devices, including but not limited to:
- All telephone handsets
- Splitters or Filters
- Telephone extension leads
- Fax Machine
- Answering Machine
- Back to Base Alarm (remove only if it can be done safely)
- Smart TV's
- Foxtel or other Set-Top Box
2. Only your modem should remain connected.
3. Power cycle (turn off for 10 seconds) your modem.
4. Wait 10 minutes, then check your modem lights, if your network has been restored you should see the below lights.
If the Isolation Test has restored your service, you can start reconnecting your devices one at a time. If connecting a device affects your service, it may have a fault.